Welcome to my Blog!

Welcome to my blog! I hope that you all can track all of my travels in Spain, and live it with me (although sitting on your computer looking at the pictures won't be as cool as taking them myself) Let the journey begin!

Friday, January 20, 2012

First week

My 2 days of orientation are finally done. I've learned many things that I'm glad I now know.

Things I've learned on my own:

-Chinese tourist like to take picture of Americans for some reason
-I'm going to look like a tourist anyways, so why try and hide it.
-Tapas are really really small portions, hence why they are only 2 euros
-Don't sit down in a restaurant dining area when you want to order a tapa, you do that in the bar area.
-Wifi is pronounced 'wefi'
-EVERYONE stares at you 
-McDonalds has a 'walk through' window...similar to a drive through, but you get the picture.
-PDA does not exist here
-Siestas are really long
-People don't go to sleep till 2-3 am, even on weekdays. I'm not just talking about young adults, but children and older people 50+

 Other things that I learned about today in my orientation were:

-Look confident because you are less like to get robbed
-Put your wallet in your front bottom, not behind
- Watch out for 'Canis', who are punk teenager kids that try to apparently pick fights with American men, even though they are 5 feet tall lol
-Don't jump off bridges, don't sleep on buses, don't go home with strangers all fell under the "use your common sense" category

After all of this, I'm an expert tourist. 

To finish off our orientation we are having a very typical Spanish dish with the whole group tonight called pizza (sarcasm on the typical spanish food).  I'm getting to know all of the other students, and my senora. It looks like this semester is going to be a blast. Till next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment